News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

New can sounds the b@lls!

Started by haulin' daze, April 01, 2007, 02:06:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

haulin' daze

Replaced the the stock can on my '05 with a Thunderbike one. I've only put about 20 miles on it so far, so I have nothing to report performance-wise. I CAN say that it sounds the nuts! Not obnoxious, but loud enough so people turn to look with a "what the hell is that kind of bike?" stare.  :-s It really brings the best out of that sweet triple sound.

The boys at Thunderbike say to have it tuned to code 10121. My dealer says there is no such code on his software. So he tuned it to code 10173 which is Triumphs' off-road can. Anyone know anything about this? He is a smaller dealer so I question if he has the latest software.

Put Thunderbike crash bars on this afternoon. Look great, hope I never find out how well they will hold up. They look very rugged.

ghostbiker955i

PICS we want PICS :)
If it aint broke, I aint touched it! .........Yet!

iansoady

Quote from: "haulin' daze"The boys at Thunderbike say to have it tuned to code 10121. My dealer says there is no such code on his software. So he tuned it to code 10173 which is Triumphs' off-road can.

10121 is off-road can for VIN up to 206546; 10173 is off-road from VIN 206547 according to Tuneboy.
Ian.

1931 Sunbeam Model 10
1999 Honda SLR650

haulin' daze

"10121 is off-road can for VIN up to 206546; 10173 is off-road from VIN 206547 according to Tuneboy."

Well that number works for my VIN. Thanks for the info. Has anyone heard of tune 10121? Pics will come in a few days...work gets in the way yet again. :smt091

haulin' daze

I'm new at the picture thing. I guess I have to somehow get the pictures on the internet first before I can put them here? Did I read it right that I can't just copy them from my computer?

I am one pathetic loser!   #-o

Stretch

QuoteI guess I have to somehow get the pictures on the internet first before I can put them here? Did I read it right that I can't just copy them from my computer?

Actually, you can.

If the photo is small, you can click the 'Browse' button below, under 'Add an Attachment' (in the 'Post a Reply' window).

Then the files in your computer come up on a pop-up window, and you can choose the one you want to show us.

The downside of attaching is that photos eat a lot of bandwidth, and the more badwidth this site uses up for photos, the less room we have to store old topics.

I have an account with Smugmug, and pay a small annual fee for unlimited photo hosting, and link from here (and other sites) to Smugmug.

You can get a free account with Photobucket .com.  It's good for 50 - 60 pics, depending on their size.  

Then upload photos from your computer to Photobucket.

Then you can link from here to Photobucket.  

Once you are posting, click on the "Img" button above the 'Message Body' window, and  will appear in your post.  

Put the URL of your Photobucket pic between the IMG tags and we'll see the pic.

haulin' daze

Let's try this...

Thanks for the info!

Stretch

It's a go!  :smt026

I'll keep Thunderbike in mind, in case the Triumph Offroad can is unavailable.

I've made an appointment to get the TOR can and new front rotors, and my dealer swears they can get me one, but I keep hearing stories about the Triumph cans no longer being available for Girlies.

We shall see.

Regardless, I'll get the Offroad Tune programmed.  If I can get the TOR, I'll do it then.  If not, I'll go with the Thunderbike pipe, and the remap will have already been done.

haulin' daze

QuoteI'll keep Thunderbike in mind, in case the Triumph Offroad can is unavailable.

I'm really impressed with their customer service. It took less than a week from time of order to box at my door (try that with Touratech). That's coming from New Zealand. There was an e-mail from them soon after asking if everything was shipped and ok. They have e-mailed me twice more to make sure I'm happy with their products. I recommend them, and I'm hard to please.

Has anyone had any problems with Thunderbike at all?

wasions

The sound is sweeeet - but - how much louder is it?  I don't mind a little noise, but I don't want to bother the neighbors when I get in at night, either.
Steve

Gear up!

<*}}}><

\'06 Tiger, \'99 DR350

Stretch

Quote from: "haulin' daze"
QuoteIt took less than a week from time of order to box at my door (try that with Touratech).

My crash bars arrived in a week, but I know that was the exception rather than the rule.

Advwannabe

Looks sweet Haul'in,

Looks like it may ba a little lighter and smaller than stock too. No probs with your RH Pannier?

Cheers
No good deed goes unpunished
02 Tigger
02 Blackbird
75 GT380
IBA #33180

haulin' daze

QuoteThe sound is sweeeet - but - how much louder is it? I don't mind a little noise, but I don't want to bother the neighbors when I get in at night, either.

It is not "piss off the neighbors" loud, at least to my ears. I didn't want something that would sound obnoxious. While riding at speed, you still hear the triple more than the exhaust note (unless you go under a bridge and gun it!). When downshifting to come to an intersection, for example, the "burbling" sounds great. Believe me, the wife and 2 year old wouldn't put up with a loud pipe!   :roll:

haulin' daze

QuoteLooks like it may ba a little lighter and smaller than stock too. No probs with your RH Pannier?

It is lighter and smaller than the stock can. No problems at all with the pannier. There is more room around it while the pannier is on. The can does not get hot either.